Monday, September 01, 2008


Monday Mornings


Check out this website : everymondaymatters.com It will give you a list of something to think about or work on for the 52 Mondays in a year. Since today is Monday I decided to give it a try. This is the 32nd Monday of the year so the topic for today is Safe Driving-Slowing Down. Here are a couple of statistics they list on their website:

The #1 killer of people ages 4 to 37 is car accidents
75% of drivers admit to driving over the speed limit
Over 43,000 people die in car accidents each year, and 2.7 million are injured.

I am usually pretty good about following the speed limit when I drive around in town. When I am driving country roads on my commute I tend to have a little heavier foot. I am going to really try to slow down and use my cruise control more.

On Monday's website they tell us that "You can’t get a speeding ticket if you don’t speed. It costs you nothing to slow down, and you might even save money on gas and brakes. Also, you set a good example for other motorists and for anyone who is in the car with you. The accident you prevent or the life you save just may be your own."

Be Your Own "Safe Driving" Diva! Slow down, obey posted speed limits and leave early to allow yourself more time. With all that extra time you can check out Gathered's new aromatherapy blends on our website: gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com

No comments: