Saturday, September 13, 2008

Missed Opportunity
I was catching up on my reading today. I had the August issue of Redbook magazine and I came across an article about change. It suggested going to first30days.com if you needed tips to help you get through any life change.
It sounded interesting so I did check it out. I found out that today was a day to pray for change... Ever wonder what would happen if everyone in the world joined hands and said a prayer for peace at exactly the same time? We can only imagine, but it would have to generate some seriously positive energy!The closest we may ever come to this type of worldwide prayer is the Earthdance Global Peace Festival. This year, participants were supposed to unite in their annual Prayer for Peace at 4PM Pacific Daylight time. In an effort to promote peace and humanitarianism, Earthdance events ranging from living room gatherings to huge concerts were going to take place in 60 countries.
This sounds so great. But alas, I didn't read it until way after 4pm Pacific time. I sure would have liked to have hosted some type of prayer gathering. I am going to mark it on my 2009 calendar and hope that it takes place next Sept.13th! And instead of the gathering, I'll just say my own prayers for peace. Join me?

No comments: