Sunday, September 07, 2008


Go Ahead, Save a Tree
Delicious Living magazine says that in 2008, each office worker living in a Western Country will use more than 10,000 sheets of paper. Doesn't that seem incredible? That's about 1.2 trees per person, per year. Maybe that doesn't seem like much but think how long it takes a tree to mature!
The magazine also lists some tips for us to cut down on our paper usage. Here are a few of them:
*Print only when necessary.
*Use 100 percent recycled paper when possible.
*End the flow of junk mail by registering on greendimes.com or catalogchoice.org
*Learn which paper-product companies use sustainable practices at nrdc.org/land/forests/gtissue.asp
What do you do with used wrapping paper, cereal boxes and magazines? I reuse wrapping paper whenever I can (much to the chagrin of my family). We recycle cereal boxes and other cardboard. Our library has magazine drop boxes. You can drop off your magazines and pick up ones that others have left. This is great for me. I love to look at magazines! This way I don't have to subscribe to a ton yet I can read lots!
Here at Gathered From The Garden we are trying to cut down on our paper use too. We get many cardboard boxes. We reuse them to pack bigger orders. Like most of you, we are trying to be ever earth friendly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol - thanks for the shout out about GreenDimes! Let me know if you have any questions or would like more information about junk mail and it's impact!

Carol said...

I sure will!
Carol