Saturday, September 27, 2008

Support for Great Women

I called my sister today to see how she was doing. She is in the middle of a huge project (ourvsn.com website launch). She said it has been stressful but that she really appreciated the support I've given her. I told her we needed to support all the women we knew that are working hard.
Later today I was in a gift shop and saw a sign about women with a clever saying:
"Here's to great women.
We need to know them.
We need to be them.
We need to raise them."
I know many great women in my family. I know many great women in the education field that I am in. I know many great women as friends. As a mother I can say that I have raised two very great women. As a grandmother I can say that I see my two granddaughters being raised to become great women.
There are days when I really don't see myself as being a great woman. Daily stresses at work, in my small business, in my personal and spiritual life seem to point in the other direction. That's why I think it is important to have a network of great women that can mentor you, pray for you and lift you up when you are down. I'd like to say a huge THANKS to all the great women in my life! Some of them I need to thank personally. What about you? Who are the "great women" in your life? Have you thanked them lately?

No comments: