Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Teach an Old Dog How to Twitter?

I have been trying to come up with some creative ways to promote my small business--Gathered From The Garden. One way someone suggested was to use Twitter. So I signed up and am now "Tweeting". I have a few followers and I am following only 3. When I look at some of the other "Tweeters" they have hundreds of followers and they are following hundreds!How do they do this?
So I thought I was being pretty techie. Then I found out that you can't just Twitter. You can Twirl, Twellow, you can Twittersearch. There are Twitterpacks and widgets that you can add. It's enough to make my old head spin.
And if that isn't enough, I could be using Plurk, StumbleUpon,Digg,You Tube, Slideshare, Friend Feed, My Space and Facebook. I've probably missed some others. There aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with all of this, blog,work a regular job, eat, sleep,make products and maybe relax a little! So which of these are really worthwhile using?
A little help from those in the know would really be appreciated. I can't be the only "mature" person to feel a little out of the loop. Can you help? Post your recommendations or opinions PLEASE!! Maybe it would be possible to teach an old dog to do more than just Twitter!!

No comments: