Sunday, July 27, 2008

Just Some Personal Musings...
My son Jon from FL was here this week along with my daughter Rana from CO. Jon was scheduled to go to Afghanistan the first part of August so this was to be a trip to see family before he left. As it turns out he doesn't have to go with the mobile group of Marines. He may have to go in Sept. but that would be for a short duration probably to much safer Kabul. We realize the power of prayer and thank God! We had a great visit because that Afghanistan trip wasn't hanging over our heads!!
Even though my children are all grown it still is so incredible to have our whole family together again. Seeing everyone including my grandchildren and son-in-law around our kitchen table is overwhelming joy! Everyone should be so lucky.
Jon and Rana have gone back to their lives in FL and CO. Thank goodness for cell phones and email. (I haven't picked up texting yet!) I sure miss both of them but it's wonderful to stay in touch. I can't wait until they are "home" again.

No comments: