Friday, July 11, 2008

Advice For the Young (or Young-at-Heart)

One thing that birthdays tend to make you do is some reflecting. Looking back at the past I know I can't change it but I can learn from it as I look to the future. The June 17 issue of Woman's Day magazine has an interesting article. It gives some advice that might have helped us navigate our youth "If only I knew then..."

Be kind instead of right. This is a great gift for yourself and others.
Wear sunscreen every day. You never think you are going to be that old woman with sunspots--guess again!
Don't be in such a rush. I can't believe time has gone by so quickly! How did I get to be this old? It snuck up on me! I really do need to stop and smell the roses!
If it isn't in your wallet, don't spend it. Use those credit cards wisely!
Love yourself first. Woman are often taught to always put others first. That's easy to do as a wife, mother, sister, (any of the hats you wear). It's really important to treat yourself the way you treat others. I didn't learn this lesson until I was older. It would have saved some heartache if I had learned it earlier.
Don't let anyone make you feel unequal. Being equals with friends or your spouse is the foundation of a good relationship.

These are just some of the pearls of wisdom found in the article. Do you have other advice for those young people reading my blog? Or maybe you young'uns have some advice for us! We'd love to hear from you.
Maybe another bit of advice would be to pamper yourself more. You've heard L'Oreal say "you are worth it". Here at Gathered From The Garden we believe that too. Check out our website for some awesome products to help put You first! gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com



No comments: