Tuesday, July 15, 2008

BMI Index
Knowing your BMI is important, because the number indicates whether or not your weight is a threat to your health. The higher the BMI, the more health risks that you incur.
While it is generally accurate, the BMI can read too high for athletes or others with large, heavy muscles. Likewise, it can exaggerate low readings for frail older people who have lost muscle mass. The calculation is the same for both men and women.
If you go to aarp.org/health you can find a BMI index that you can do online. It only takes a few seconds and asks for only two bits of information. It will then give you a range to see where your BMI falls.
I have been power-walking and doing a tiny bit of running each morning to try to get more fit. I was very surprised at how winded I became after a very, very short time of running. I've been at it for a few weeks and I can run a little further. At this point in my life, I am much happier with the power-walking! Have any of you changed your exercise program as you have aged?
You don't have to even leave your chair to go to our website to find great products! Check out gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com. or our blog at gatheredgarden.blogspot.com

No comments: