Monday, October 22, 2007

Awesome Women

There is a magazine published in our city called Among Women(amongwomenmag.com). Every year they pick 9 women to honor in their magazine--one for each issue. My sister, Mary was chosen to be among these "awesome women". She is an incredible mother, doctor, sister, mentor, wife, musician...and the list goes on and on. I can't think of anyone more deserving.
This past weekend we had a "Women's Expo" in town. At the Expo the "Awesome Women" were invited to come and speak and tell their story. Mary spoke about the women in her life and how they influenced her. She said her life was not extraordinary but that she had been blessed to have extraordinary people in her life.
Another of the "Awesome Women" had us in stitches. However, it was her opening statement that made an impact with me. She started out by saying "I like myself. I really like myself!" She was happy with who she was and proud of it! Boy do I want to be like that when I grow up!! Can you imagine being totally satisfied with your life and who you've become? I think I'm on that path but I don't know that I am totally there yet. Oh well, they say half the fun is in the journey!
Kay also talked about having endurance. Life is going to hand you lots of lemons and it's up to you to make lemonade. Another one of her sayings was. "It's no simple thing to believe..." Believe in yourself, take risks, live life to the fullest!
Another "Awesome Woman" spoke about "the people God entrusts to us". I hadn't thought about that before. Later, I was standing next to my sister-in-law Julie who is such a good person. And I thought, God has entrusted her to me--what a blessing! So many of the people we encounter God has entrusted to us. Do we recognize that as a gift? I'm seeing some of those people in a different light.
Gathered From The Garden would like to think that all of our customers are "Awesome Women" in their own way. Visit our website: gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com to see some great products to pamper the awesome woman in you!

No comments: