Saturday, August 18, 2007

Patience

I get a daily inspirational thought from a website I frequent. The last one I got was on patience. I know, I know patience is a virtue but boy it sure is hard sometimes to be patient. I am learning to have more patience as I age. My grandchildren are helping with this. It's hard not to be patient when you are dealing with such precious little ones! I'm learning not to rush things and to just really enjoy my time with them.
I need to work on being more patient in waiting for answers to some of my prayers. God doesn't always work according to my timeline. I am trying to find time to listen and not always be the one doing all the talking/asking.
I thought I would share the inspirational thought about patience with you...

Patience is a virtue and a power too. Patience tells us that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and that we get over there one step at a time. Patience teaches us not to rush. Knowing that there is a reason and a season for everything it enables us to smile at the challenges, realizing that there is an answer to every problem. And, even though we cannot see it, yet there is awareness that within every crisis lies an opportunity. (author unknown)

Hopefully this will inspire you to try some patience with the people and situations in your life.
Our son has finally gotten word of when he may leave Iraq. We are hoping for the end of Sept. or early Oct. My patience will be tried as I wait for him to come home. (an answer to prayers--hurray!)
We here at Gathered From The Garden use patience as we try our best to bring you some great products. Try our soothing Bath Teas when your patience is tried and you need to relax. Lavender or Rose scented. Check out our website for more details. www.gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com

No comments: