Saturday, May 05, 2007

Silence is Golden!

Working in a school situation there seems to be little time for silence. We do have a quiet period of silent reading each day but for some kids that is extremely painful! I think we are assaulted by noise all day long and for some of us perhaps even at night. It's no wonder our stress levels are high.
I have a 35 minute commute to work each day. When I am driving, I listen to the news for about 10 minutes then I turn the radio off. I use that quiet time to plan my day (or on the way home to destress) or say some extra prayers. I carpool with two fellas for which I am grateful especially now with rising gas prices. However, when they drive the radio is on--sometimes to a game, a talk radio show or just loud music. On these days I can tell that by the time I get home I really crave some peace and quiet.
There is a website that has an inspirational movie and words about silence from Mother Theresa. She said so many things in nature are silent. (flowers, grass, the sun and moon). She also said that you need silence to hear God. How true!
Here's the website: inspiringthots.net/movie/t-silence
Gathered From The Garden has some lovely bath teas that are perfect for destressing at the end of a hectic day. Just add them to your bath and soak your cares away. A silent time in the bath maybe just what you've needed! Check out our website: gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com

No comments: