Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Simple Woman's Daybook


It seems the simple things in life are best. Each action, each moment, each sound…they all have significance and meaning. So today’s post will be from the Simple Woman’s Daybook: (simplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com)

Outside my window…
Sunshine and a cool breeze. It’s only in the 70’s here today.

I am thinking…
About all of the blessings I have received already this week.!

I am thankful for…
An amazing husband.

From the kitchen…
Lunch was a full of fruit and veggie goodness.

I am wearing…
Comfy shorts and a t-shirt.

I am creating…
A romantic massage oil blend.

I am going…
To travel to Tampa to meet my son’s future in-laws.

I am reading...

Fearless by Max Lucado.

I am praying…
For patience and wisdom in my classroom this fall (and all year).

I am hearing…
A wren papa and mama singing as they bring food to their little ones.

One of my favorite things…
Is gathering flowers from my garden to dry.


A few plans for the rest of the week…
Babysitting my “grands” tomorrow so mom and dad get some grown-up time alone. Finishing Gathered From The Garden’s newsletter for this week. Putting together some recipes for a bridal shower I’m invited to.

One of my favorites on the list is “I am hearing…”. You can learn alot about someone’s world by finding out what they hear during the day. There is so much that I miss when I’m not mindful of my surroundings. There is beauty in each sound. So…what are you hearing right now?

No comments: