Saturday, August 29, 2009


Savor Your Success

I got the idea for this post from two sources. One, my six-year-old granddaughter and the other Savor the Success, a network for savvy female entrepreneurs who are making things happen in their lives.


Railey called me the other night breathless with excitement. It turns out she finally figured out how to ride her bike all by herself! After countless tries--and not giving up, (aided by mom, dad, her Aunt Rana) she is now able to balance her bike. She actually went on a two-mile bike ride and didn't fall once! She was quick to tell me so that she could go on to make more calls to share her success.


Savor the Success is a network that I have joined to connect with other female small business owners. I'm hoping they are going to share their success stories. Maybe I can use what they've learned to help my bath and body products business-Gathered From the Garden grow. I see in them Railey's determination and stamina.


I think too often we are very humble and don't shout out our successes. Maybe we are afraid of appearing boastful. But listening to Railey describe her accomplishment I realized that we need to share and savor our successes. This is what keeps us motivated to continue to be successful.


This week I was able to make a delicious (and cute) S'Mores cupcake AND I figured out a way to take a good picture of it to post! Successes for me indeed!


Do you have any successes you'd like to share with us? C'mon, savor your success!

No comments: