Friday, June 29, 2007

A Job or Work?

In the summer when I am off from teaching I get to slow down and look around me. In the morning when I go for a walk or to the mall I notice all of the people who aren't fortunate enough to have the summer off. I wonder how many people leave home each morning looking forward to their job or dreading it. Is it a job or is it truly "work"? I think life is too short to have a job that you hate yet many people don't have the choice of leaving.
I saw an inspirational movie about a Down Syndrome fellow who didn't see his employment as "work". He enjoyed it and made sure to connect with each of the customers he came into contact with. Check it out at: stservicemovie.com It made me think.
For all of you that go the extra mile in your job I applaud you. For all of you that have a job that doesn't bring you joy or satisfaction I encourage you to find one that does. That is not an easy task but I do feel that life is too short not to have a job you enjoy. For all of you that have a job creating art I envy you.
One of my jobs is having fun with making and selling Gathered From The Garden products. Check out our website: gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com
We have some great Satin and Silk Lotion that is perfect to use on summer feet. We also have a light sprayable lotion for summer too. You might want to get one to give someone as a thank you for the great job they do!

No comments: