Thursday, December 28, 2006

New Year's Resolutions
Another year has come and gone. The older I get, the faster they seem to go by. And the older I get, the more I seem to reflect on the past and this year is no exception. I look at the goals I had set for the year and whether or not I accomplished them. I look at all of the blessings I received and I look at how many times I was a blessing to others or could have been.
I like to set goals rather than resolutions. If I set down goals in writing, I can look at them from time to time. If I make a resolution to lose weight and then don't, it is depressing but I can get over it fairly quickly in time to eat another slice of pie. Goals on the other hand seem more attainable and worth striving for. A goal of mine could be to lose 5 pounds by May to help keep my heart healthy. If I see it written down I will be more serious about sticking to it. Just seems to work better for me.
I also like to look ahead to the New Year and all of the blessings that it could hold for me. My special person is heading to Iraq in Jan. and that just doesn't seem like a blessing to me. But I have been trying really hard to see that maybe it could be. It will make me more prayer centered and aware of what is happening to others around the world. ( I think his going to Iraq may be a blessing to the soldiers he is traveling with if he can analyze what they are doing and help them stay safe.) Each family member that I have here safe in the U.S. will be a blessing to me as they offer their support.
So I am looking forward to the New Year and all that it holds. I am wishing for all of you a year filled with blessings!
One of my blessings is also being able to run
Gathered From The Garden LLC.
www.gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com

No comments: