Monday, August 07, 2006

Chicken Soup for the Blogger's Soul?

I listened to an audio tape by Jack Canfield, one of the creators of the Chicken Soup series. (successprinciples.com) He is a very interesting fellow with a great story on how he became successful. Jack is an inspirational writer and speaker. In the audiotape he shared some of his tips. I'll share a couple of them with you. He said occasionally you should ask those around you "On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the quality of ourrelationship (or my job of parenting, etc. whatever fits...) If you get less than a 10 you need a follow-up question. What would it take to make it a 10? I thought this could be very insightful. We often take relationships for granted. This would be one way to open up some communication and see just how the other person views us! I'm going to try it on Jerry. (Hopefully, my score will be in the higher end range!)
Another bit of wisdom that he share is that we all should develop 4 new habits a year. At that rate, you'd have 40 new habits in 10 years. I suppose to truly take advantage of that you could replace bad habits with a new good habit. I'll have to mull this around a little. I don't know if I want to add a new one or replace an old one. Maybe Jerry will have some ideas on this when he rates our relationship!! :)
I can suggest one good habit for you. Get in the habit of checking out our great products at gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com! Or email us (our address is on the site) and we'll be happy to send out a catalog to you.

No comments: