Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Only Love Today



     Only Love Today—Reminders to Breathe More, Stress Less and Choose Love by Rachel Macy Stafford is a book that was given to me to review. It is a hardcover book of four chapters named after the seasons.
     Each chapter is then broken down into many short essays. Most of these seem to be like the author’s diary entries of her day with her family. Then at the end of the essay is a “Today’s Reminder” that gives you a simple exercise to do. Throughout all of these is the theme…Only Love Today.
     While the stories the author tells about her life and her family are interesting I found that after reading so many of them it just wasn’t meaningful anymore to me. I do admit that my children are all grown and that I have grandchildren so I am not at the point in my life that the author is. Perhaps if I was younger and in the midst of raising my family this would be something I could relate to.

     This author has an easy style of writing so you can read an essay fairly quickly. I think it might be meant to be read one each day. 
I have been given the book to review from Thomas Nelson Publishers. The opinion expressed here is my own.

No comments: