Monday, September 11, 2006

Through the Eyes of a Child

When my daughter and son-in-law announced that they were going to have a baby I was thrilled! I was less thrilled, however, about becoming "grandma". To me that conjured up visions of my own grandmothers who were always "old". Even though I have fond memories of them, I didn't think I was ready to be an "old grandma".
I was in for a surprise. Watching my two little granddaughters grow and be able to actually call me "grandma" has been one of life's greatest joys! We have so much fun together. I was fortunate to be able to babysit every Wednesday afternoon this summer.
These two little ones taught me to delight in the little things once again. We splashed in the sprinkler, played hide and seek among the flowers in my backyard and watched hummingbirds at the feeder. We made pretend pancakes, danced to a fiddle music cd in the kitchen and had fun using watercolors, crayons and markers. (Sometimes on paper, sometimes on little hands).
I will never forget this summer and all the fun I had seeing life through the eyes of a child. Our adult lives get so busy and stressed that we sometimes forget to rejoice in the little things. I have a sign in my bathroom that says" Enjoy the little things. For one day you may look ahead and realize they were the big things." I found out how true that is!
We have some really fun products at Gathered From The Garden LLC for little ones too. Check out our Magic Pixie Dust, Diva Girl Hand Lotion or Lava Lip Gloss, to name a few.
gatheredfromthegardenllc.4t.com

No comments: